Activity 2 – SBC Week 8

For activity 2 of this week’s SBC, I chose to go on three different websites to leave comments on from the Flipboard magazine. Then, I was asked to write a blog post about it. So, you guessed it, that’s what I’m doing now.

Kristina B, “Blog”. Flickr. Barnett, September 7 2008, link.

I was drawn to all of these blogs because of the title and/or image in the flipboard magazine. Julien’s blog had an interesting title (“School Rant”), Nook’s had an intriguing subject (“Why Are French Fries Called French Fries”), and Jori’s thumbnail and subject were also interesting (bullying).

I found out that I was deceived by Julien’s blog, that wasn’t as much of a rant as it was a praise for his school. Still, I pointed out there that his writing style was impeccable, and still asked what his actual opinion on school was (since it was confusing).

I really appreciated Nook’s to-the-point and brief informative blog, which communicated that French fries weren’t French like its name would indicate but actually originally from Belgium.

Finally, Jori’s blog was heartwarming; he talked about a very controversial subject, especially in school (bullying), but still wasn’t afraid to express his opinion and experience although it conflicted with that of school’s. It’s great to see the boldness and ability to think in people.

I invite you to complete this week’s challenge, which was very fun to do and join the SBC if you haven’t already!