Response to Mai Thao’s Post on School – SBC Week 6

So this student named Mai Thao made this very interesting post on technology in school. I recommend you check it out.

Anyways, she asked a question at the end that I am briefly going to answer; “What different computer devices do you use in your school? Have you done any school projects using these devices?”

We use technology a LOT in our classes; in fact, I can only name one class in which we don’t regularly use our computers or another type of technology to do school work. I think that this is something that changed a lot from middle school; in middle school, we pretty much only used our computers for document editing or special projects. Now, we use it for research and online activities (including the Technology class I’m writing this for), as well as document editing. We write a lot in high school.

We use Chromebooks, a type of computer that has a very low storage capacity. But in Movie Making, one of my classes, we use iMacs (desktops), iPads for storyboarding, and various cameras for filming. In this said class, we regularly make movies — which, to answer the question asked by Mai Thao, could be considered a project.

Link to image